Visit the surroundings of Bucharest
Visit the surroundings of Bucharest: Half Day tour to Snagov Monastery and Mogosoaia Palace
This is the perfect tour for those with limited time or looking for something differend outside the city bustle. This is a private half day trip is the best tour for those who want to discover and learn more about the real story of Dracula. Discover his tomb at Snagov Monastery, dating back from the 14th century, the place where Vlad the Impaler Dracula is buried.
Visit Romanian Versaille, Mogosoaia Palace, a real jewel of architecture, the most representative building in Romanian Renaissance style or Brancovenesc style, dating back from the beginning of the 18th century.
DepartureAccommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered.
Departure Time10:00 AM or 3:00 P.M.
Return TimeIn 4 hours.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
What to expectWe will transform this halfa day tour into your best memory from your trip to Romania. First part of the tour will contain the pick up from your accommodation and passing by the most iconic building of the city through the northern exit. Just a few kilometers away you will find the iconic Palace of Mogosoaia. Often refeared as the Versailles of Romania, this is the place to be if you love architecture and history. There is also an island of calm and peaceful place only 15 kilometers away from the bustle of the city center! Built at the beginning of the XVIII century, this was the summerresidence made for the rulers of Wallachia, the historic region in the south of modern day Romania. The complex consisting in the palace itself and some other auxiliary buildings is constructed in the pure Romanian style called Brancovenesc. Next, after a short drive of about 30 minutes you will find in the middle of Sagov Natural Reserve, litterally on an island in the middle of the lake, where the the Snagov Monastery is set. Couldf you possible immagine a better location? This place is very important for the Romanian culture as well as religious life. It is said to be the place where the first doccument was printed and, maybe the most interesting fact, here it is the resting place of the body of Vlad the Impaler, better known as Dracula.
- Visit the stunning Mogosoaia Palace, the former home of Wallachian rulers.
- Discover the burial site of the real king, Vlad the Impaler, who inspired Bram Stoker's novel, Dracula, at Snagov Monastery.
- Drive through the most iconic parts of the city and photograph Bucharest symbols like Triumphal Arch, Victory Square, the Government building, Piata Presei as long as the first communist building of the city, Miorita Fountain.
- There is free hotel pickup and drop-off included.
You should know
- Hotel/ accommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered
- Estimated duration of the tour is
- Tour starts at 10:00 or 15:00.
- Confirmation will be received within 2 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Maximum is 8 people (usually 2-3)
- You will not necessary require a good physical condition for this tour.
- Mogosoaia Palace is closed on Mondays. In this case the visit will still be done but only from the outside.
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
- Small-Group tour (usually 2-3, maximum of 8 people per group)
- Hotel/Hostel/Accommodation pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fee to all sites mentioned to be included
- Food and drinks
Cancellation PolicyFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Price of the tour
Number of participants