Slanic Salt Mines and Wine Tasting
Slanic Salt Mines and Wine Tasting Tour with lunch included
Take a different perspective of Romania and explore the largest salt mines in Europe on a 7-hours day trip from Bucharest. Walk around the underground chambers of the Slanic Prahova Salt Mine, then go to a local vineyard for a typical Romanian lunch with a wine tasting tour of the cellars. This is the absolute experience for the wine lovers!
DepartureAccommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered.
Departure TimeTour starts at 09:00 A.M.
Return TimeIn 8 hours.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies
What to expectThink different and enjoy a special tour that will not take more than 8 hours. Start from Bucharest on a day sightseeing tour of the salt mines of Slanic Prahova and visit a local winery for the perfect taste of Romanian Wine, while enjoying a traditional 3 course lunch. You will be picked up from your accomodation in Bucharestand drive for the 1 and a half hour toward north to the town of Slanic Prahova in the foothills of the Carpathian Mountains. First stop will be here, where you will discover the largest salt mine in Europe, open to visitors but without any mining activity anymore. Experience the unique microclimate formed by the natural air-conditioning that keeps temperatures and atmospheric pressure constant all the time. Let yourseld amased by some of the mines 14 chambers and profiles while marveling at the expanse of the salt walls. Next stop will be at a local Winery where you will enjoy a wine tasting as long as a 3 course meal. Taste the flavors of authentic Romanian appetizers, house desserts, and main dishes such as sarmalute and polenta.
- Discover the Slanic Salt Mine, the largest salt mines in Europe.
- Taste a 3 course lunch at a typical Romanian winery.
- Enjoy the wines of Romania during a tour of the Urlati wine cellars
- Admire the spectacular salt mountains.
- Let yourself driven through the scenic foothills of the Carpathian Mountains
You should know
- Hotel/accommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered
- Estimated duration of the tour is 7 - 8 h
- Tour starts at 09:00.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking
- Maximum is 8 people (usually 2-3).
- Youth must be accompanied by an adult.
- Although you will not necessary require a good physical condition for this tour, there will be some walk during the activities therefore please take note that people with reduced mobility will not be able to join the tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by car/minibus
- English-speaking driver/guide
- 3 course meal and wine tasting
- All entrance fees.
Cancellation PolicyFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Price of the tour
Number of participants