Best of Romania in one single day
Best of Romania in one single day: Dracula Castle, Brasov City and Peles Castle – Small group tour
Why not escape the bustle of Bucharest for one day and discover the myths, legends and most beautifull treasures of Transylvania? This is the best way to discover the mighty,world wide famous Bran Castle, often known as ‘Dracula’s Castle’, then feel like fall in a fairy tale,on the picture perfect Peles Castle, the former royal residence of Romanian kings, exploring it`s splendid architecture in a tour. The tour concludes with a walking tour of Brasov, perhaps themost characteristic city inTransylvania.
DepartureAccommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered.
Departure TimePick up time: 07:30 A.M.
Return TimeIn 12 Hours
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
What to expectWe depart from Bucharest in the morning and head to Sinaia through the scenic Prahova Valley until our first stop in Sinaia, often called “The pearl of the Carpathian Mountains” for it`s beautiful, elegant, XIX centuary architecture as well as the stunning environment. You will visit Peles Castle, the former summer residence of the Romanian Royal Family. After leaving the castle the tour continues with the most most famous castle of all castles in Romania – Bran, the medieval fortress known as Dracula Castle. Set in a stunning location, you will easily understand it`s imoportance as a deffensive structure during the medieval period, when it`s role was to keep secure the only commercial routhe across Carpathians that linked Transylvania with Wallachia. Originally it was built by theTeutonic Knights in the XIII century, the castle was first documented only in 1377. It is still unclear the link between the castle and Vlad the Impaler, although the legends tells about the fact that ,,The count Dracul” was imprissoned here. Walk through secret passages, follow the footsteps of the Teutonic Knights and find out more about Bram Stocker, the novelist that ,,created’’ the legend of Dracula back in 1897. After taking the complete tourof the castle, you will enjoy free time for lunch in the beautiful town with the same name, Bran. Next stop is Brasov, one of the largest cities of Transylvania and the jewel of medieval architecture in Romania, set in a tremendous landskape with the Carpatians Mountains behaind. Make sure you walk by the narrowest street in Romania, Strada sforii! Drive back to Bucharest in the late afternoon and expect to return in the city at around 19:30, depends on the traffic.
- Enjoy a full-day tour to the Black Sea coast form Bucharest
- Explore Constanta's ancient Greek and Roman history and walk the cobble soone alleys stepping back in time.
- Take photos of the iconic Constanta's famed Art Nouveau casino.
- Catch some sun on the beach in the seaside resort of Mamaia
- Explore Corbu Beach, a hidden gem chosen among the most beautiful beaches in the world!
- Travel in the comfort of a minivan or a sedan vehicle
- This is the best way to maximize the experience of the Black Sea coast with limited time.
You should know
- Hotel / accommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered for this tour.
- Estimated duration of the tour is 12h (can vary depending on the traffic).
- Pick up time: 07:30 (will be confirmed with the guide one day before)
- Confirmation will be received in the shorthest time possible, within 48 hours of booking.
- Maximum is 8 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Peles Castle is closed on Monday. Instead, the tour will include a visit to Rasnov Citadel on or you might spend more time at Bran Castle or Brasov.
- For this tour it is not required a good physical condition, it is suitable for everyone.
- This tour will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Professional english speaking guide during the entire day.
- Hotel/Hostel/Accommodation pickup and drop-off.
- Small-group tour (maximum 8 people per group).
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan/ sedan car.
- Guided walking tour of Brasov city.
- Admission ticket to Peles Castle.
- Admission ticket to Bran Castle (Dracula's Castle).
- Photo fees ( 35 Ron for Peles Castle)
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays during the winter season – from Sep 15 to May 15 – and on Mondays during the summer season – from May 15 to Sep 15. During these days Sinaia Monastery will be visited instead.
- Between 1 November and 1 December every year, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit Pelisor Castle.
- Travelship SRL, the organizing tourism agency will not be held liable if the places visited are closed without prior notice.
Cancellation PolicyFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Price of the tour
Number of participants