Jewish Heritage in Bucharest
Jewish Heritage in Bucharest – half day tour
This is a special tour made for those who wish to learn more about the Jewishhistory, culture and heritage in Bucharest. It consists in a three hour walking tour through the former Jewish neighbourhood of Bucharest, and will offer you the chance to discover the storis of the Jews in Romania, the temples and symbolic buildings, as well as their most impotant personalitis.
DepartureMeeting point in front of Starbucks at Manuc Inn, St. Franceza No. 62-64.
Departure TimeTour starts at 10:00.
Return TimeEstimated duration of the tour is 3 h
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies
- Step in the most beautiful temple in Bucharest - the Choral Temple
- Discover the old Jewish neighborhood and its symbolic buildings.
- Learn about the story of the Jewish community in Romania
- Find out about the tragedy of the Romanian Holocaust
- Walk by the local streets and feel the atmosphere of the goldan age of Bucharest, before the WWII.
- Get the best shoots with the abandoned & restored synagogues.
- Discover the former Sephardic Neighborhood
- See the birthplace of Yiddish theater in Romania
What to expectThere was a consistent population of Jews living in Bucharest before the WWII. The Jews community firstly arrived in Bucharest in the early 16th century, mainly setting around the The Old Princely Court, by the main commercial streets. Tragically, this flourishing community was almost entierly killed during the WWII and therefore, today, the area where most Jewish families were concentrated is mostly forgotten and abandoned. This create even more charm to the place, adding a lot of mistery, although it is literally two steps away from the hart of Bucharest. See restored synagogues, the former Sephardic Neighborhood and visit the astonishing Choral Temple.
You should know
- Meeting point in front of Starbucks at Manuc Inn, St. Franceza 62-64
- Estimated duration of the tour is 3 h
- Tour starts at 10:00.
- Immediate confirmation will be received after booking.
- This is a walking tour
Cancellation PolicyFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Entrance fee for Choral Temple
- Food and drinks
Price of the tour
Number of participants