The Heritage of the Communism
The Heritage of the Communism – private half day tour in Bucharest
This is the best way to learn about the history of communism regime in Bucharest and Romania. This tour is morealike a history lessons with some of the most shocking stories and facts that occurred in those dark times. It simply doesn`t metter if you are into history, this tour will change your perspective about Bucharest and Romania.
You will visit two of the most representative buildings of the Communist era, Palace of Parliament and Ceausescu residence, Primaverii Palace.
Discover what communism really meant for the people,how was the life in that period and discover the the typical architecture.
DepartureHotel/ accommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered.
Departure TimePick up at 10:00 A.M.
Return TimeEstimated duration of the tour is 5 h.
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies
- See the Revolution Square and learn about the blody events that occurred during the fall of the Communist Regime, in December 1989.
- Step inside the Parliament Palace "House of People"
- Get the perfect picture with the House of The Free Press Square.
- Pass by the University Square and rememorate the events in the days of the Revolution.
- See the bulletholesin the buildings.
- Visit Primaverii Palace - the former residence of Ceausescu.
What to expectThere is not a secret about the dark past of Romania, with a communist regime for 45 yearsthat transformed one of the most prospere and fastly growing economy of Europe into some of the poorest country of Europe. This tour will follow the historic period of Communist regime, with a visit of two of the most representative buildings for the Communist time, Palace of the Parliament, also known as the House of the people ans Primaverii Palace, the residence of Ceausescu. You will learn about the ,,golden era”, proclaimed by the regime as the most flourishing period for Romania. The tour will start in the morning at your hotel and following a 4 hour itinerary you will see the most interesting communist sights of Bucharest downtown with entrance at the Parliament The itinerary include: Free Press Square - The Arch of Triumph - Victoriei Square - Calea Victoriei – Revolution Square, Romanian Atheneum, Revolution’s Memorial, The Palace of Parliament, Union Square – University Square - Romana Square -Victoriei Square and Charles de Gaulle Square .
You should know
- Hote /accommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered
- Estimated duration of the tour is 5 h
- Pick up at 10:00.
- Immediate confirmation will be received after booking
- This is a private tour
- You will not necessary require a good physical condition for this tour.
- It is absolutely necessary to have a valid passport or ID in order to access the Palace of the Parliament.
Cancellation PolicyFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
- Small-Group tour (usually 2-3, maximum of 8 people per group)
- Hotel/Hostel/Accommodation pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fee for Palace of the Parliament and Primaverii Palace
- Food and drinks
Price of the tour
Number of participants