Daytrip to Transfagarasan
Above the clouds: Daytrip to Transfagarasan, one of the most beautiful roads in the world & Curtea de Arges – the medieval capital of Wallachia
Tour available only between 01 July and 20 Oct
Drive on Europe’s most scenic mountain roads for a day trip to Transfagarasan Road—an alpine pass set in a tremendous landscape at 2000 meters above sea level. Prepare your cameras to snap some of the most spectacular views along the way and breath the freash cool air in the Southern Carpathians. Along the way discover the medieval history of Romania and find out about the legends at the Curtea de Arges monastery and royal court of Poenari Citadel, the fortress set in a deffensive position, touching the sky, that became famous due to the Count Dracula. Stop and admire the Vidraru Dam, an engineering marvel from the communist period, enjoying the experience of a local guide for an unforgettable Romanian road trip.
DepartureHotel/ accommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered.
Return TimeIn 12 Hours
Dress CodeCasual, comfortable and light
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Aliquam lorem ante, dapibus in, viverra quis, feugiat a, tellus. Phasellus viverra nulla ut metus varius laoreet. Quisque rutrum. Aenean imperdiet. Etiam ultricies nisi vel augue. Curabitur ullamcorper ultricies
- Drive along mountain peaks and pass through valleys on one of Romania's highest roads
- Enjoy spectacullar views of the Carpathian Mountains.
- Visit the 14th-century royal court and monastery in Curtea de Arges.
- Take a stop at the foot of the magnificent Poenari Citadel, the real fortress of Vlad the Impaler, Count Dracula.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
What to expectMeet your guidein the morning at your hotel/accomodation, pick up service is offered. Then start your journey towards the Fagaras Mountains, the South side of the Carpathians, the highest and some of the most beautiful mountains in Romania, also reffeared as the Transylvanian Alps. First stop,after less than 2 hours will be in the town of Curtea de Arges, the former capital of Wallachia. Here we will visit one of the most remarkable monasteries in Romania.
This monastery is famous for two reasons:
- the beautiful, original architecture making it unique in the whole Ortodoxy world
- Its historical importance as royal Tomb, the whole royal family of Romania being buried here.
There are numerous possibilities to spend a great time, such us:
- Cable car trip between Balea Lake and Balea Waterfall
- Lunch in one of the chalets or picnic
- Hike around this beautiful area
You should know
- Hotel/ accommodation pickup and dropp-off is offered
- Pick up time: 08:00 (will be confirmed with the guide one day before)
- Estimated duration of the tour is 12h
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking.
- Maximum is 8 people, but in most of the cases there will be only your group.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You will not necessary require a good physical condition for this tour.
- Professional English Speaking Guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-Group tour ( maximum of 8 people per group), usually a sedan car.
- Hotel /Accommodation pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fee to all sites mentioned to be included
- Food and drinks
Cancellation PolicyFor a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Price of the tour
Number of participants